3) Monitoring and evaluation of accounting systems and utilization of staff in ministries/departments and districts.
4) Direction, control and coordination of all matters pertaining to Paymaster General (Banking) and District Accounting (systems) operations including reimbursement to districts (Cash Management).
5) Direction, control and coordination of operations of the exchequer in matters relating to accounting for revenue including external loans and grants.
6) Liaising with the Central Bank of Kenya on matters relating to consolidated fund and ministries’ bank accounts.
7) Management and control of Government financial reporting system to ensure delivery of timely and accurate financial information for management decisions.
8) Follow-up on Ministries’/Departments’ Annual Accounts, audit reports, the Public Accounts Committee recommendations and preparation of the Treasury Memorandum.
9) Preparation of letters of appointment of accounting officers and receivers of revenue.
10) Administration of the scheme of service for accountants including: Recruitment in conjunction with Directorate of Personnel Management and Public Service Commission of Kenya, Deployment of Accountants in Ministries/Departments and Districts, Training and development of the accountants in the civil service.
11) Administration of the Accountants Act and Certified Public Secretaries Act, including the management of Registration of Accountants Board (RAB) and Registration of Certified Public Secretaries Board (RCPSB).