Accounts Divisions responsibility is to ensure proper maintenance accounting records and preparation of financial reports for the Ministry's expenditure and receipts, government revenue and proceeds from external loans and grants. It is also ensures repayment of public debt (external loans) and other Consolidated Fund Services (CFS).
The detailed functions are:
- Control and management of the Ministry's expenditure, including consolidated fund services expenditure.
- Receipt, control and accounting of all revenue including appropriation in aid where the Financial Secretary is appointed the receiver.
- Preparation of Consolidated Fund Services estimates.
- Maintenance of proper books and records of revenue, receipts and other funds.
- Preparation of annual accounts.
- Ensuring all round effective cash management.