Thursday 12th of December 2013
Its mission is to ensure that External Resources are effectively sourced, disbursed and effectively utilized.
The Department shares in the Ministry’s vision of enhanced and effective management of the economy through optimal maximization of External Resources to achieve improved welfare for all Kenyans.
To achieve the above objectives, the Department:-
- Soliciting funds from Development Partners while focusing on development priorities stipulated in current policy documents e.g. ERS/IPERS.
- Involvement in all stages of project development cycle. The department will strive to participate by representation in project appraisal, formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation stages for all Donor Funded Projects in the budget.
- Enhancing project implementation through tying release of funds to production of project work plans as inputs to the annual budget estimates.
- Identify, negotiate and secure sources of external funding on behalf of the government.
- Integrate Donor Commitments into Annual Estimates and MTEF budget process.
- Expedite authorization of disbursement of Donor funds to implementing agencies.
- Ensure participatory periodic monitoring and evaluation of all budgeted projects and programmes.
- Ensure full involvement in appraisal of new projects.
- Strengthen co-ordination of bilateral consultative meeting between the Government and Donors.
- Facilitate provision of technical assistance from Donors to Government Ministries and Departments.
- Ensure effective management of Government/Donor Financial Agreements including protocols and follow up of loans utilization.
- Carry out continuous forecasting and analysis of resources inflows and disbursement to all projects and programmes.
Developement Partners & Projects
- Projects Categorised by Donor
- Project Categorised by Sector
© 2008 -2013 Republic of Kenya: Ministry of Finance, Treasury Building, Harambe Avenue, P.O Box 30007 00100 NAIROBI Tel: +254-20-2252299